Wondering how to open online food delivery business? We have a couple of tips on how to get your project up and running quickly. Today we’ll tell you how to create a presentable, convenient, and memorable website. You’ll see all the necessary steps on how to implement this goal. Therefore, you can plan your actions and start a new activity.
The article is useful for those who already have a similar service related to food since we tell and give examples of well-known online portals and the most successful Shopify food delivery templates. So read on, get inspired, and get started!
The First Step Is To Create An Offer
When considering how to open online food delivery business, ensure you have a unique product. Its uniqueness doesn’t lie in the ingredients or the recipe but in the offer, which people see. The following components are important:
- The good and pleasant taste of the dish you sell.
- The absence of harmful ingredients in the composition.
- Attractive look (even if it’s a regular burger or pizza, try to decorate it in the best possible way and serve it great).
- Acceptable price. This point is especially important in work practice. After all, people still don’t know how delicious food you offer. The audience should be lured and convinced to buy. Price can be one of the attractive factors.
- Promotions and special offers.
It would be great if the website had universal products. That is, those which every person may eat – allergies, people intolerant of lactose or gluten. Thus, you would reach a much larger number of potential customers.
Step Two – Come Up With A Brand
This item includes the following important tasks:
- Create a brand name. Don’t choose overly banal words for this task that have a broad meaning. Let your brand be unique.
- Order a logo from a professional designer.
- Decide on corporate colors.
When starting a new company, decide on the development strategy and advantages you focus on in the work practice.
The Third Stage Is The Creation Of The Website
This step is the most time-consuming of all the steps and takes time. Since you have already formed a USP and figured out exactly how corporate symbols should look, it’s time to make a website, upload goods, and launch advertising campaigns.
The process of creating a portal consists of the following main points:
- Choosing a domain name and hosting.
- Choice of CMS. (There are Magento, WordPress, PrestaShop, and Shopify).
- Selecting the design of the future site.
- Filling a website with goods, texts, and pictures.
Each CMS has its characteristics. Today we talk about Shopify, its advantages, and its possibilities. Also, below you’ll see examples of suitable templates with a beautiful, user-friendly, original page design. Need to know how to open online food delivery business? The control panel selection is one of the meaningful points in this task.
Useful Features Of Shopify You Might Not Have Heard Of
If you are a beginner, it’ll be interesting to learn about all the possibilities of the selected CMS. Among those features that not everyone has heard of are the following:
- Handling abandoned carts. Many customers leave the site by throwing the goods into the basket and not placing an order. You can return a user to your portal using email and other available automatic triggers.
- Simple calculation of shipping costs. The user may get an approximate delivery price by entering data about the parcel. Although you most likely work locally and deliver to one city, we thought the information could be useful for your other firms.
- There are ways through which you accept online and offline payments.
- Bulk discounts. You easily create coupons and discounts for a large number of products.
- Integration with social networks. This way, you may build a single marketing strategy where all channels are united.
While working with this content management system, people learn many new and useful things. Everything comes with practice. Find more information every day by searching on the Internet.
The Fourth Step Is The Design Choice
When thinking about how to open online food delivery business, you probably have your idea of the site’s appearance. A picture of the future design has already been in mind. However, making such a layout from scratch is very expensive. In addition, the process is quite time-consuming. Therefore, you need to find a ready-made solution, and there is one!
There are dozens of templates for the Shopify website on TemplateMonster. The marketplace offers different appearance options. At the same time, you may even choose a design for your activity type. For example, an online store requires various appearances for selling women’s clothes, children’s toys, or medicines. This point applies to the overall style, selected colors, and other design elements. Go to TemplateMonster, enter restrictions in the filter on the left of the page and get an online shop offers list according to your requirements.
However, how do you choose the right layout? Be sure to follow these tips:
- Explore the Demo. This page is an appearance preview you get after the installation of the theme. The web developer posts all texts and pictures solely for demonstration purposes. In their place will be your content. You’ll find the Demo button on the product page. Click on the button, and see the theme preview.
- Read the product description carefully. In it, there are not only important characteristics but also information about additional bonuses. Often web developers add free high-quality pictures or vector icons.
Let’s discover successful examples of already operating online stores to make the right choice.
TOP 3 Great Role Models
The first portal we like is 139dec.com. This example is a classic of a minimalist style. There are no fancy graphics. Everything is very simple. There are only two main colors in the design – white and gray. At the same time, 139dec.com looks so stylish that you want to order something from them.
Praxxispro.com is a cool and modern stationery store. The theme of the goods may seem very boring to you. However, the website is interesting, stylish, and cool. The shop owner places very successful photos of staplers, pencils, and beautiful pens. Therefore, the portal looks colorful and attractive, thanks to beautiful pictures. The main emphasis is on the beauty of the goods themselves. You can easily upload photos of pizza, sweets, or cakes in a template that the firm’s owners used. It would also be perfect for ready meals because of the universal pages’ look.
Mouth.com is a prime example of a modern, minimalistic, and at the same time, bright portal look. This online shop offers to buy food. So, it was necessary to make a bright and tasty design. You see a simple layout with colorful and juicy orange accents. A great option is also for children’s products.
TOP 3 Ready-made Templates On TemplateMonster
We give examples of themes that we remember the most. They are also somewhat reminiscent of the online stores we liked and described in the previous paragraph.
FoodStuff is an incredibly bright, optimistic, and colorful template. Such a presentation of pizza or pasta will encourage a purchase. Contrasting colors add chic and are suitable for selling high-end and gourmet food products.
Bistro is another classic of the genre. With its use of gray and white colors and a minimalist style, Bistro is reminiscent of praxxispro.com. Bright photos of your food products become the main accents. Show all the beauty of the offered dishes and people will appreciate it.
Pureleaf is probably the most fanciful and fantasy theme. All fans of this style of Pureleaf will like it. There are interesting details in the site’s background and beautiful and originally designed blocks of pages. At the same time, all the elements for successful sales are saved.
The choice is, of course, yours. You’ll find many more options on the TemplateMonster. Among them will be the only desirable.
See this video to get more interesting information on the topic.
Making an online store with Shopify is a good solution. You’ll find a lot of information about the features of this content management system on the Internet. Also, follow important business news on news portals.
- Who needs a food delivery Shopify theme?
All owners who want to improve the online store’s appearance need to buy a theme. These products are suitable for businesses that sell food, prepared meals, cooking books and recipes, cutlery, and kitchen utensils.
- How to create a successful Shopify food ordering portal?
To do this, you need to think and create a unique offer for the visitor. Think about what is special about your goods or services and tell visitors about it. You’ll also need to make a cool, modern, stylish portal for placing and fulfilling orders. To make all sections look cool, buy one of the appropriate templates and install it.
- What do you need to start a food delivery business?
This issue is quite global. To do this, you need to set up production, get the delivery service or use existing services, launch a website and start promoting it on the Internet.
- How to open an online food delivery business?
For online activities, you need to create a website and think about options for its promotion. Since the CRM you choose has social media integration, you might consider launching advertising on Facebook and Twitter. Also, taking advantage of the advertisement on Google and other search engines won’t be superfluous. These advertising campaigns are just right for starting the work of any firm.