A printer is a common item in every home, office, and school. The printer has been essential to modern society, allowing you to print memorable photos and everyday documents. However, there are some flaws to the handy printer that can leave users confused.
The most frustrating thing about a printer is the sudden canon printer printing blank pages. This is especially frustrating when you’re working on a vital document or file. There are many ways to resolve this issue and get back to work. They can also be done on your own with minimal technical knowledge.
Why does my printer print blank pages?
Your printer may suddenly start printing blank pages. This could be a sign that your ink is low. It is possible to restore normal printing speed by simply replacing the ink cartridges. Although this is a common problem, empty ink cartridges are not always the cause.
Randomly producing blanks in a printer can have many causes. These include empty ink cartridges or improper cartridge installation. Sometimes, this issue can be caused by driver or software problems. Facts About Mcafee Antivirus
What do you do if your printer prints blank pages
Do not panic if your printer keeps printing blank pages. You can send your device to a shop right away. The following solutions can help you avoid costly repairs and save money. No matter what the problem is, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how to fix it.
1: Restart your printer
Most devices can be reset to resolve minor operational or mechanical issues. Therefore, it is sensible to first try the simplest solution and then see if it works. These are the steps to reset your printer
- Wait for your printer to turn off completely by pressing the Power button.
- Disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Wait about three minutes before reconnecting the Power cord to the outlet.
- Turn on the device by pressing its Power button. Do a test print and check if the printouts come back to normal.
2: Resolve Ink/Toner Cartridge Problems
The printer won’t produce regular printouts if it has issues with its ink cartridges. Facts About Mcafee Antivirus To ensure your cartridges are in perfect condition, follow these steps:
- Check the Ink / Toner Levels to see if you have enough ink. If you don’t have enough ink, the cartridges will need to be replaced.
- Ink Cartridges should be removed and checked for damages. You should replace any faulty units immediately if you find them.
- Each cartridge must be correctly installed. Take out the ink tanks, and then reinstall them one by one. Make sure each unit is securely locked in place.
You can find more troubleshooting tips for ink cartridges
Additional Tips for Laser Printers:
A Brother DR630 drum may also require replacement if it is using toner. If your Brother MFC–L2740dw Toner laser printer has black spots or hazy printouts, the drum unit is likely failing. Facts About Mcafee Antivirus You will need to replace the drum with a new one, regardless of whether it is a new brother cartridge. You can find more drum troubleshooting and toner tips here.
3: Clean the print head (Automatic cleaning)
You can use the printer’s automatic cleaner cycle to unclog your inkjet canon printing blank pages. This cycle can either be activated via the printer’s control panel or by accessing Printer Properties on your computer.
Your printer will then clean out excess ink, soften the printer head and remove any clogs. Facts About Mcafee Antivirus If you are having trouble unclogging your print head with a simple cleaning, the deep cleaning option is available.
4: Unclog the Print Head (Manual cleaning)
Manual cleaning is also an option if the automated cleaning fails. You should know that there are two types of print heads. There is a cartridge-integrated print head and a removable one.
Removable print heads should not be cleaned or exposed to ink tanks. Use protective gloves to prevent ink from touching our skin. Here is a step-by-step guide for cleaning a printed head manually.
- Open the Ink Cartridge Carriage, and remove each Ink Cartridge unit. Remove the Print Head carefully.
- Clean the Print Head with a clean, lint-free cloth. Use warm water to wash off any dried ink. Continue to clean the Nozzle area until any more black ink has been removed.
- Warm water is sufficient to soak the printhead for 10 minutes. Use boiled water. Placing a paper towel at the base, place the print head over it and allow it to soak.
- You can remove the print head from its bowl by using a dry, lint-free cloth. Lay the printhead on top of a piece of paper towel, and let it air-dry for fifteen minutes. After it has dried completely, place the printhead back on the Carriage.
- To ensure that the print head is clean, conduct a Nozzle test before you start printing.
If the printer still prints blank pages, or if there are no changes, you can repeat step 4. Allow the print head to soak for at least 2 – 3 hours. If necessary, overnight. Facts About Mcafee Antivirus
HP LaserJet Prints Blank pages – What Can You Do?
These are the solutions that you can known Facts About Mcafee Antivirus:
1. Ink cartridges should be checked
- Reinstall your ink cartridges
- Clean out clogged or blocked ink cartridges
- Check the ink level of your HP printer
- Fill or replace empty ink cartridges
- HP Genuine Ink Cartridges for Your Printer
2. Restart your HP printer. Turn off your printer by unplugging its cables.
3. Windows Troubleshooter can help you troubleshoot the printer
4. The Scan Doctor app can be downloaded and then used
5. Update your printer driver
6. Configure Printer Spooler services, and restore files that are needed
- Get the service app for your computer
- Stop the Print Spooler Service
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete all of the files there.
- Start the Printer Spooler again
Epson XP 420 Printer Blank Pages – What Can You Do?
Here are some solutions to this problem:
- Be sure to not print blank pages
- Ink cartridges from Epson may need to be checked for emptying or damage.
- Refill/replace damaged or empty ink cartridges
- Reinstall the ink cartridges
- You should ensure that the paper you use is the right size
- Use the print head to check features
- Update the Epson printer’s driver
- Make sure to run the printhead cleaning on your printer
- Turn off your printer. Next, take out the power cable. Reattach them after about three minutes. Then, turn your printer on again.
- Manually clean the printhead of your device
Canon Printer Prints Blank Pages. What Should You Do?
These are the solutions to this problem:
- Check that you have followed the instructions in your manual to install the ink cartridges correctly
- Do a thorough cleaning of your Canon printer to clear out clogged nozzles
- You can update your Canon printer driver, or just reinstall the device.
- Use the right paper size for your Canon printer
- Remove the sealing tape from your ink cartridges
- Ink cartridges should not run out.
- Replacing old ink cartridges, including empty ones
- Avoid using low-quality cartridges
- You should check if you aren’t printing blank documents
- Clean clogged printheads manually
Software and printer driver issues
Your printer may suddenly print blank pages. This could be caused by driver and software issues. You may have to uninstall the printer driver and reinstall it on your computer. The problem can often be fixed by installing a software update. This is how to fix the Printer Driver Unavailable Error.