Shower enclosures have increasingly become a preferred choice over the last decade. However, once you decide to install it in the bathroom, it is important that you choose the best possible option for your bathroom. At the same time, there are many shapes of shower enclosures available in the market. The quadrant shower enclosures have been a popular choice for the last few decades. If you are planning to install the quadrant shape enclosure, then it will be a good idea to have some information about it.
In this article, we are going to explain some important features of this curved shape shower cubicle.
What is a Quadrant Shower Enclosure?
Not only quadrant but all shower enclosures are named after their shape. That means a quadrant shower cubicle has a quadrant shape that is similar to a half circle and curved frontage. While from the back, it is a square enclosure. Such a round shape gives this type of enclosure its unique look. Due to such shape, it offers some incredible benefits over others that we will explain later.
Few Important Features of Quadrant Shower Enclosures.
Here are a few distinctive features of quadrant shower enclosures.
- Unique Design. The first thing you will notice about a quadrant enclosure is that it has a unique style. Other shapes like square and rectangular seem pretty much standard designs that make a cubicle pretty much the same as we expect. However, the curved shape cubicle design makes it the center of attention in the bathroom.
- Save Space. The availability of space is often a big problem for most people looking for a bathroom upgrade. A quadrant enclosure is a kind of shape that is relatively space-saving. The first space-saving feature is its curved frontage, that save you a few inches from the front. At the same time, other is from its fitting in the corners.
- Perfect for Corner Fittings. Utilizing the bathroom corners can be a great way to save the bathroom space. Therefore, you need bathroom fittings and fixtures that can fit into that available space. A quadrant shower enclosure can be an excellent way to utilize the corner as it can fit snuggly into that space without any problems.
- Availability in various sizes. What is the use of an enclosure that is not available in various sizes? The quadrant shower cubicles is available in various sizes like 660mm, 700mm, 800mm, and 900mm. That means whether you need a small bathroom or need an enclosure for medium space, the quadrant enclosures are available as per your specific requirements.
- Spacious Shower Experience. It is no secret the purpose of having a shower enclosure is to have a comfortable and luxurious shower experience. But not every cubicle will provide you with the same level of utility, comfort, and aesthetics. Despite being a space-saving design, a quadrant enclosure can provide you with the level of spaciousness you are looking for. The round frontage feels relatively more spacious than the standard square or rectangular shape from the inside. Therefore, if you are worried that this type of enclosure may not be as you want a spacious shower, then you might be wrong. If you choose the right option as per your specific need for bathroom space, then this is a perfect option for you.
- Offset Shower Enclosure. If you have relatively more space in the bathroom and want a curved shape enclosure that may offer an even better shower experience, then you may choose an offset shower enclosure. It is a variation of a standard quadrant enclosure with a similar frontage but with one side having a bit more length. It will make your shower space even more practical.
- Shower Door Options. The choice of shower door is an important consideration when installing a shower enclosure. Not all enclosures fit perfectly with all types of shower doors. Therefore, you need to evaluate the best options available for you. Although, the most suitable shower door for a quadrant enclosure is a foldable and sliding door due to space saving. But if you want a pivot door, you still have many options available for you.
A quadrant shower enclosure is a popular option due to its unique and attractive design. Although it is space saving option but can fit any bathroom space. If you have relatively bigger space available, then you can choose an offset variation of the same design. It can easily integrate into your contemporary style bathroom, making it look modern.
Over the last decade, shower enclosures have become a more popular option. However, after you’ve put it in the bathroom, it’s critical that you pick the greatest solution for your space. The market offers a variety of shower enclosure shapes. For several decades, quadrant shower enclosures have been a popular alternative. If you intend to install the quadrant shape enclosure, it will be beneficial to have some background information.