The skilled regional (887) visa is a permanent visa meant for candidates who hold a temporary visa and live and work in certain regional areas of Australia.
To acquire the Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887, the applicant must have lived in Australia for at least two years and must have worked and gained at least a year of employment experience in regional areas of Australia.
The Main Eligibility Requirements
The primary purpose of the 887 visas in Australia is to allow provisional general skilled migration visa holders to apply for permanent residency. This visa is also a permanent visa pathway from the subclass 489 visa.
Some of the essential requirements to acquire this visa are:
- Applicants need to be a holder of a prescribed visa.
- They must hold the prescribed visa for at least two years before you make the application.
- He/She lived in a specified regional area for at least two years while holding the prescribed visa.
- Satisfy the public interest criteria and special return criteria.
The cost of the skilled regional visa subclass 887 is about AUD 415.
Processing Time of Acquiring Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 887
In this specific visa, about 75% of the applications are processed within 24 months, while 90% of the application takes about 28 months to process. The processing times of such visas can vary for different reasons.
Eligibility for the current visa
To be granted the subclass 887 visa, you need to hold either of the two visas and fulfil some other requirements:
- A skilled visa
- A Bridging A or Bridging visa B was granted to you about an application for a subclass 487, 495 or 489.
You must hold a skilled visa for at least two years before you apply for the 887 visas. People who hold a skilled visa and meet all the eligibility requirements can apply for the 887 visas as primary visa applicants.
You need to have lived and done your duty in a low-population growth, regional or designated areas of Australia.
You need to meet the health and character requirements specified in the visa.
You need to have repaid or arranged to pay any type of outstanding debts that you have towards the Australian government.
You might not be eligible for the 887 visas if there is a cancellation of your previous visa or if it is refused while you are staying in Australia.
As the 887 visa is one of the most beneficial visas and is also a permanent visa, you can do the following with it:
- Under this visa, you can stay in Australia indefinitely
- Applicant can work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare and other health care and expenses in Australia
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence under the 887 visa
- Under this visa, you can travel to and from Australia for five years
- Apply for Australian citizenship if you are eligible
You need to be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when a decision is made. You will not receive this visa if you are outside Australia when the final decisions are made.
You can also include your partner and your partner’s child/ step-child in your visa application. There are also eligibility criteria for family members. Family members who get this visa have the same rights and can do the same things as the main applicant.
You and your family members need to follow Australian laws and the conditions of the visa subclass 887. You can check online to know more about Australian visa conditions
Under the 887 visa, you can travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want till five years after the 887 visa is given to you.
You need to have the following documents with you if you want to acquire the 887 visas:
- Form 80 (it needs to be as detailed as possible)
- Marriage certificate
- If you live in a designated area:
- You need to show title deeds of your residential property
- Rental agreements or leases
- Utility bills like gas, telephone and electricity show your residential address.
- AFP check
You can now apply for Australian Federal Police checks online. You can refer to specific online websites to know further details and other explanatory notes.
This is when you apply in section 2.3 of the online form under ‘Purpose Type’ select Commonwealth Employment/Purpose’. This will open another dropbox button.
You can use code 33 for police clearances for citizenship and immigration in the latest box. You can contact a migration agent Adelaide to know more about this.
- Payslips that can provide evidence for the period of employment
- Tax returns, contacts, superannuation documents and group certificates
- Employment references
- You will give documents that relate to your employment history for your skills assessment.
The employment references need to be:
- Written on the formal letterhead of the employer that is providing the reference
- It needs to properly show the full address, fax and telephone numbers, website or email of the employer on the letterhead.
- Below the signature, the name, position and contact number of the individual who signed the reference
- It also needs to show:
- The exact period of the employment
- Whether the employment was temporary or permanent
- The positions that you held and duties that you undertook
- The salary that was offered to you
Your position needs to be described as per the nature of the duties undertaken by you. It need not be described in general terms, for instance, public servant or research officer.
If you want to apply for the subclass 887 visa but do not know where to start, you can contact the top immigration agents in Adelaide. They can help you know everything related to the visa; they can also fill up your visa application forms to ensure that your application is accepted.